This add-on will block ports 80 and 443 which are regular open proxy ports. After installing the add-on, go to your ACP > Options > User Registration, and all the way to the bottom you will see 2 new options. One is to enable/disable the add-on, and the other option is to exclude certain proxy servers from being blocked based on their remote IP addresses.
- Block regular open proxy ports 80 and 443
- Exclude specific proxy servers from being blocked based on their remote IP addresses (Whitelist)
- Stop access by many of the most popular proxies (such as Hide My Ass and Tor Browser)
- Not all proxy servers are guaranteed to be blocked
- Some universities, libraries, companies and countries (i.e., Singapore) access the web through a gateway proxy so they will be blocked from using your forums
- May prevent access to some AOL users